# Store data on Filecoin
Storing data on Filecoin lets users harness the power of a distributed network and an open market served by thousands of different storage providers or miners.
# Get started
Users can use the following software solutions to store data on the Filecoin network:
The following applications allow you to store data on the Filecoin network with no technical setup:
- Slate allows uploading and storing content on the Filecoin network directly from your browser. It supports one time deals, is perfect for creating image galleries, and the first 50 GB of storage is free!
- ChainSafe Files (opens new window) provides decentralized cloud storage with end-to-end encryption in a Dropbox-like interface. Check out the blog post by ChainSafe (opens new window) for a quick overview of the service.
- Space Storage (opens new window) by Fleek is an open-source, user-controlled, encrypted file storage and sharing platform using IPFS and Filecoin, tied to Ethereum accounts or common web OAuth options.
# Filecoin Node Client
- Lotus imports data and performs deals on the chain using its daemon and CLI. Lotus users get full control of the deals, the chosen miners, and the wallets used to pay. Make sure you are familiar with Lotus and have it installed and running.
# Digital Preservation
- Starling uses Lotus to simplify decentralized storage for digital preservationists and archivists.
- File.video (opens new window) and Voodfy (opens new window) both provide decentralized video hosting using decentralized transcoding using the LivePeer (opens new window) network.
# Additional resources
There are additional storage solutions that you should not miss. While they have a focus on developers, some of them have simple CLI interfaces that simplify their usage:
- Powergate (opens new window) a multitiered storage solution that stores data with IPFS and Filecoin. It can be used self-hosted or hosted.
- Textile Buckets provide S3-like storage using IPFS with Filecoin-backed archival and has an easy-to-use CLI.
- Pinata (opens new window) is an IPFS pinning service that will soon include Filecoin in its portfolio.
- Fleek (opens new window) provides easy hosting and storage solutions on IPFS and their SpaceDaemon (opens new window) and upcoming Space SDK use Filecoin.