This page provide details on Lotus installation prerequisites and supported platforms.
Before installing Lotus on your computer, you will need to meet the following prerequisites:
- Operating system: Lotus is compatible with Windows, macOS, and various Linux distributions. Ensure that your operating system is compatible with the version of Lotus you intend to install.
- CPU architecture: Lotus is compatible with 64-bit CPU architectures. Ensure that your computer has a 64-bit CPU.
- Memory: Lotus requires at least 8GB of RAM to run efficiently.
- Storage: Lotus requires several GB of free disk space for the blockchain data, as well as additional space for the Lotus binaries and other files.
- Internet connection: Lotus requires a stable and high-speed internet connection to synchronize with the Filecoin network and communicate with other nodes.
- Firewall and port forwarding: Ensure that your firewall settings and port forwarding rules allow incoming and outgoing traffic on the ports used by Lotus.
- Command-line interface: Lotus is primarily operated through the command line interface. Ensure that you have a basic understanding of command-line usage and are comfortable working in a terminal environment.
To get more information, check out the official Lotus documentation.