Add to metamask
MetaMask is a popular browser extension that allows users to interact with blockchain applications. This guide shows you how to integrate FIL into MetaMask using the Filecoin mainnet.
The easiest way to add a Filecoin testnet to your MetaMask is by using the pre-configured options at chainlist.org.
- Go to chainlist.org.
Filecoininto the search bar.
- Scroll down to find the Filecoin network.
- In MetaMask click Next.
- Click Connect.
- Click Approve when prompted to Allow this site to add a network.
- Click Switch network when prompted by MetaMask.
- Open MetaMask from the browser extensions tab.
- You should see Filecoin listed at the top.
If you can’t or don’t want to use Chainlist, you can add the Filecoin network to your MetaMask manually.
Before we get started, you’ll need the following:
- A Chromium-based browser, or Firefox.
- A browser with MetaMask installed.
The process for integrating Filecoin into MetaMask is fairly simple but has some very specific variables that you must copy exactly.
Open your browser and open the MetaMask plugin. If you haven’t opened the MetaMask plugin before, you’ll be prompted to create a new wallet. Follow the prompts to create a wallet.
Click the user circle and select Settings:
Click Add a network.
Scroll down and click Add a network manually.
Enter the following information into the fields:
Field Value Network name
New RPC URL
Pick one a block explorers, and enter the URL into the Block explorer (optional) field.
Review the values in the fields and click Save.
The Filecoin network should now be shown in your MetaMask window.