Add to MetaMask
MetaMask is a popular browser extension that allows users to interact with blockchain applications. This guide shows you how to integrate FIL into MetaMask using the Hyperspace testnet.
THIS SECTION IS UNDER DEVELOPMENT
We’re still working on this section. Feel free to dive into the docs, but keep in mind that things will likely change pretty often.
The easiest way to add a Filecoin testnet to your MetaMask is by using the pre-configured options at chainlist.org.
- Go to chainlist.org.
- Enable the Testnets toggle and enter
Filecoininto the search bar.
- Scroll down to find the Filecoin – Hyperspace testnet:
- In MetaMask click Next and then Continue when prompted to connect Chainlist.org to MetaMask:
- Back on the Chainlist.org page, click the Filecoin – Hyperspace testnet connect button again.
- In MetaMask click Approve when prompted to Allow this site to add a network:
- Click Switch network when prompted by MetaMask:
- Open MetaMask, and you should see that you’re now on the Filecoin Hyperspace testnet:
If you can’t or don’t want to use Chainlist, you can add the Hyperspace network to your MetaMask manually.
Before we get started, you’ll need the following:
The process for integrating Filecoin into MetaMask is fairly simple but has some very specific variables that you must copy exactly.
Open your browser and open the MetaMask plugin. If you haven’t opened the MetaMask plugin before, you’ll be prompted to create a new wallet. Follow the prompts to create a wallet.
If you haven’t already, change your view to Expanded view.
Click the user circle and select Settings
Click Add a network.
Scroll down and click Add a network manually.
Enter the following information into the fields:
Field Value Network name
Filecoin Hyperspace testnet
New RPC URL
Pick one of the following block explorers, and enter the URL into the Block explorer (optional) field:
- Glif Explorer:
- Glif Explorer:
Review the values in the fields and click Save.
The Hyperspace testnet should now be shown in your MetaMask window.
You can now add funds to this wallet by using the Hyperspace testnet faucet.